Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC and Breastfeeding...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

I've been breastfeeding my 2 yr. old all his life and he shows no signs of stopping. I wanted to self-wean but I thought he'd be weaned by now. I tried taste aversion a couple of times but it didn't work so I'm back to letting him do it. Have any of you ladies gotten pregnant while breastfeeding? My periods are still irregular and I just started getting them last Sept. so I don't know it that is why. I really want to have a baby and we're really having a hard time at it. Doctor blames it on the breastfeeding. I just need some advice.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hendrix07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I'm in the same boat, I just posted tonight... I probably should've posted here too as BIN is not very active right now... and I want answers like you.

joliemelody
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I really hope we get some answers. I would really love to get pregnant.

tml06451
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I got pregnant with Natalie while breastfeeding Samantha, but I started getting my period a month after Samantha was born and when I did get pregnant I was starting to wean Samantha (she was 1) so she was only nursing like 3 times a day 

Pregnancy%20ticker

joliemelody
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:34 PM

bump

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Are you charting your cycles? With irregular cycles that is IMPERATIVE.You can get pregnant having sex only once a month as long as you know the right day! (I did!)

www.tcoyf. com...the website for Taking Charge Of Your Fertility, the owner's manual for the female reproductive system. It's what worked here...one cycle, ONE baby dance only...and I've get a ten year old running around here as a result!

joliemelody
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I bought a fertility predictor and had sex when I was ovulating and still no baby. I am also wondering, does milk supply decrease or stop completely once you become pregnant?

I'm definitely going to check out the website because right now if you told me to jump up and down naked while watching Oprah and saying my ABCs I would do it!

Quoting gdiamante:

Are you charting your cycles? With irregular cycles that is IMPERATIVE.You can get pregnant having sex only once a month as long as you know the right day! (I did!)

www.tcoyf. com...the website for Taking Charge Of Your Fertility, the owner's manual for the female reproductive system. It's what worked here...one cycle, ONE baby dance only...and I've get a ten year old running around here as a result!

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 2, 2010 at 11:45 PM

as long as you are having periods you can get pregnant.  I got pregnant 3 times while breastfeeding (two of the times I was ebfing).  Have you heard op fteh book "Taking Charge of your Fertility"?  I would get that book or look into that (you may even be able to get that from the library or cheap on amazon, or from LLL.  It will be very good at increasing your chances of conceiving.  :)

joliemelody
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Thank you! I will definitely get on that. I really want a baby and I thought it would be easy since my son was a surprise -wedding night baby- and now I am finding that it is not.

Quoting Precious333:

as long as you are having periods you can get pregnant.  I got pregnant 3 times while breastfeeding (two of the times I was ebfing).  Have you heard op fteh book "Taking Charge of your Fertility"?  I would get that book or look into that (you may even be able to get that from the library or cheap on amazon, or from LLL.  It will be very good at increasing your chances of conceiving.  :)

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 2, 2010 at 11:50 PM

definitely get the book, it helkps a lot more than the ovulation predictor.

once you get pregnant you milk will not go away right away.  It may change in taste and your baby may not like it, or may not care (mine didn't care).  It also may decrease along with the pregnancy. The book "Adventures in Tandem nursing" (you can get from LLL or even amazon) talks about the cycle your breast go through while nursing and pregnant (or just in general). My first nursed throughout the entire pregnancy and after (whether or nothere was milk, or even when the colostrum came in) and my second is still nursing and I'm 21 weeks pregnant. 

Quoting joliemelody:

I bought a fertility predictor and had sex when I was ovulating and still no baby. I am also wondering, does milk supply decrease or stop completely once you become pregnant?

I'm definitely going to check out the website because right now if you told me to jump up and down naked while watching Oprah and saying my ABCs I would do it!

Quoting gdiamante:

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, new baby boy due 9-11-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM

yeah, when your periods are irregular it can be hard to predict that right timing, but don't worry it will happen and you don't need to wean for it to happen :)

Quoting joliemelody:

Thank you! I will definitely get on that. I really want a baby and I thought it would be easy since my son was a surprise -wedding night baby- and now I am finding that it is not.

Quoting Precious333:

Julia: wife of Drew, christian, pro-life, homebirthing, AP mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, new baby boy due 9-11-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)