• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period question

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

I offically weaned Ella off about 3 weeks ago. I did it slowly so it would be easy on the both of us. Anyways, like a week after that I got my period. Then I bled for 2 weeks. I called my OB and he put me on a low dose estrogen. He said b/c I have the implanon that my body may not be making enough estrogen. Now I have these knots in my areola. Not like the knots I would have with BF. I assume I am not longer producing since I have my period and my boobs are like sagging water balloons (which is really depressing). Has anyone else experienced this, is it normal. My OB didn't seemed too bother by it, I just have to take the meds until I stop bleeding, which I hope is soon b/c it is making me so weak!!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

EllaLilypie

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM

You're STILL bleeding? Has the doc SEEN you? I'd get seen STAT. No, this is NOT normal.

kelfitz
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I bled 21 solid days after weaning, no not slow brown but straight red. Went to the ob/got ultrasounds, biopsy's everything. Nothing wrong. By the way, i now have on a regular basis 14 day periods. STINKS. But you should defin. go get ck'd

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)