Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Books on Breastfeeding...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering what the best books on breastfeeding. i want to know more information on breastfeeding since this is my first baby. I have alot of questions that want to be answered about breastfeeding. SO if there is books you guys read that where very helpful i would really appreciate it

Thanks

Tiffany

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
seoulmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

the best book I actually got was a free one from WIC, even if you don't qualify for WIC you could probably stop in and ask for some literature (or ask someone you know?), or ask your local hospital or even your doctor for literature.

SuzieQ88
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM

When I had my first baby, I got a GREAT book from my aunt called "Breastfeeding Your Baby" by Sheila Kitzinger. I still read it now all these years later. It covers everyting from latching on, expressing, to pumping, storing, and feeding special needs babies and a lot of stuff in between. And the pictures are great. You can get it new or used at Amazon.com.

SoniaL
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:51 AM

The womanly art of breastfeeding was a good one. I can't remember what other ones I read. I just grabbed a huge stack from the library.

LKRA
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM

"So THAT'S What They're For!" by Janet Tamaro. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book and it should be given out by OB/GYNs instead of formula samples!

scarlet_willow
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:46 PM

"The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" By La Leche League.  I LOVE it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)