Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy day!!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 1 Replies

I have been on this sight so many times with issues surrounding my milk supply...I had a family emergency requiring a lot of trveling when baby was 13 days old to 4 months old, I had the flu, mastitis, multiple clogged pores, to go back to work when DH got laid off for a few months, two prior babies with Dx failure to thrive and switched to formula which caused me to be very insecure about my prduction, galactogogues galore, eating oatmeal and drinking MM tea every day,  fenugreek, pumping in between nursing...wait what in between nursing there is no in between...LOL....baby had barely 5 wets per day, gained only 1 ounce a week (butseemed otherwise very alert and healthy) , pumped only 3/4 ounce per hour, rarely leaked, can't feel let down, never got engourged, milk didn't even come in until day 6, baby lost 10% and then gaiend slowly....infrequent stools....here we are almost 9 months and still nursing!!!!  I am so proud I could cry.  Yes I had to supplement once in a while...I havn't supplemted in 4 months and we are going strong...I FINALLY have confidence in my body's ability to nourish my baby and things are great bcause I know she can tell me if she isn't getting enough to eat now, so I don't worry about it anymore.  I am so happy.  Thank you all or listening when I was unsur and giving me advice...without this group I wouldn't be where I am today.  9 months and going!!!!!

Be patient , kind, and understanding.  Be the mom.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
2ndchancemommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Wow, you are AMAZING momma! You have over-come a lot of obstacles and should be very proud that you stuck with it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)