Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plugged ducts

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but I think it's clogged ducts. My son is going on 9 months and breastfeeding has been pretty smooth so far. I woke up Sat. morning with my bra digging into me and my breast was already hurting. I could feel hardness on one side, and it was very tender. 2 days have passed and that one feels better, but now the other one hurts. It is much more tender then the other was. Perhaps I got on clogged duct on this side because a nursed more often on the other while it was clogged. Not quite sure what's going on, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

He is breastfeed, no bottles or formula, with some solids, but not much. He doesn't really want to nurse on the side that hurts today, but didn't have a problem when the other side was hurting.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CALsMom0104
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Jump in a hot shower and manually express.  I was able to manually express enough to clear the clog up and feel much better.  Tylenol also helped. 

mom0f3101831
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I find it so strange that almost 9 months of no problems and now both breasts get clogged. Is it common for both to get clogged, is this a coincedence or could there be something else wrong???

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM

9 months is a growth sourt so he may have raised supply and then that caused clogged ducts.

If your bra as an underwire get a differen bra without one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)