Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are things you had to stop eating?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm just curious what other moms had to stop eating because it affected the baby during breastfeeding. My sister-in-law had to cut out milk products for both her boys, but not her girl. I've had to give up mushrooms, asparegus, and cabage so far. They are just too gassy for my little guy. With my oldest it was just asparegus and cabage. Also was there something you couldn't eat with one, but you can with another? My oldest would go crazy when I would eat spicey foods. You would have thought my BM was crack, but my new boy isn't that wild about spicey. He will eat and not fuss about it though. Plus I'm scared to eat some food because I'm not sure how it will affect my little guy. I was told that whatever I ate while I was pregnant is fine to eat after and that is true minus the asparegus and mushrooms.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LKRA
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:09 PM

The Hot N Spicy Burrito from my favorite local mexican restaurant. My husband, after changing THOSE diapers, said "Don't you EVER eat that again! God, what a mess!" lol

Wife2003
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Dairy products, spicy food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!! lol

I had to completely give up coffee and chocolate (2 of my fave things!) for 2 months. the I was able to work it back in a little at a time.

Quoting LKRA:

The Hot N Spicy Burrito from my favorite local mexican restaurant. My husband, after changing THOSE diapers, said "Don't you EVER eat that again! God, what a mess!" lol

MarigoldsMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I can't do raw broccoli or any kind of carbonated beverage... too gassy!

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Not one thing.

MommyErin06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:06 PM

same here.  I haven't noticed any changes in my little girl's disposition or gas tolerance due to anything I've been eating.... which is a good thing because i LOVE to eat!!!

Quoting gdiamante:

Not one thing.

Jeremiah Luis (12/2/07)   Evelynne Arlene (2/16/10)

Married to my best friend since 7/22/06

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)