Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

favorite breast pads

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM
  • 35 Replies

What's your favorite pad while nursing?

Did you use disposible or washable?

Were they freezable?

I want to pick some up before the baby comes, but I can't decide what to get

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I used to love the johnson and johnson ones, but this time they make my nipples itch, waiting to see what others say because when this box is gone I need to buy another kind

momm41979
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I'm using ones from gerber and don't love them so i wouldn't mind a better suggestion.

thekayk
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Good question I was going to ask the same ?  My grandma is making me some out of cloth diapers but I'm buying the freezable kind as well if I buy any it will be washable but disables to pack in my hospital bag

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

blondie7221
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:10 PM

this is what i used too

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I used to love the johnson and johnson ones, but this time they make my nipples itch, waiting to see what others say because when this box is gone I need to buy another kind

Curlgurl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I really like the johnson and johnson ones and have had no problem with them.  They are pretty cheap and they are also cup shaped instead of flat, so they seem to fit better.  I have not had any leaking problems with them even when I am very full in the morning after 8 hours of sleeping.

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I love the Lansinoh disposables!

blondie7221
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I THINK this was what I tried with my first and didnt use the full box, lol, and IF this was them, I wouldnt use them even if they were free, they held the milk on me, and kelp my boobs wet, and made them fell raw, then I used the johnson and johnson and liked them, not sure this go round, lol

Quoting momm41979:

I'm using ones from gerber and don't love them so i wouldn't mind a better suggestion.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:15 PM

when i used those the cotton would get stuck on my nipples. everytime i went to breast feed my daughter i had to pull the little stringy cotton pieces off. it was annoying. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

MarigoldsMama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I use (and love) the Lansinoh disposables.

I've always had trouble with all of my washable ones leaking, but I'll use them at night or as a back-up.

heavensdaughter
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM

When I first have a baby I keep Soothies on hand and chill them.  This works so great for sore nipples!  Once the sore goes away I am a flannel girl.  I hate the "pad" feeling anything against my skin.  Yuck. I like it to be cloth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)