Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~*~UPDATE~*~Don't know where else to ask this ??? kinda ot

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM
  • 19 Replies

Well my son has been battling a yeast infection for 3 months now.  Last week they decided just to give him nystatin cream.  Well 2 days later it looked 5x worse and he had a fever of 103 for those 2 days and diarrhea 1 of those days.  I noticed when we woke up sunday that he now has thrush.  I also woke up Sunday with a yeast infection!  I called the dr office and asked the nurse if they were related and she told me there is no way it is related.  WHAT IS GOING ON????? my sons should have already cleared up and it has only gotten worse! 

I have used tea tree oil, garlic, yogurt, nystatin, now I am using getian violet!!!

So the doctor today did agree that the source was me.  She decided to prescribe Dyflucan(?).  I have taken this before but it was way before kids.  Does it have any effect on supply and is it safe to nurse Tre.  I am going to go to the store and get some acidophilus and more vinegar.  She said that the fever and diarrhea was a viral infection b/c last night he got a rash all over.  But she prescribed Tre an antibiotic. Wouldn't that just make his yeast worse???

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM

The GV should do it. And YES they ARE related.

Mamaof2010
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM
i would get a new doctor lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I find it hard to believe it isn't related.

MarineWife187
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Quoting Mamaof2010:

Wonderful military docs!!! We go in the am and I am gonna make them give me something to treat my system!

MarineWife187
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

thanks I knew they were but the nurse insisted it isn't

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Quoting MarineWife187:

Quoting gdiamante:

thanks I knew they were but the nurse insisted it isn't

thrush is yeast infection...soooo yeah related

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM

get genetian violet over the counter, it works best and will treat you BOTH

Quoting MarineWife187:

Quoting Mamaof2010:

Wonderful military docs!!! We go in the am and I am gonna make them give me something to treat my system!

LeanneC
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:40 PM

First off, the nurse is wrong.  You guys can and will pass thrush back and forth (and thrush and yest infections are the same thing, just different areas of the body).

You have to find the root cause of the problem and attack it there combined with treatment both to kill the yeast and the restore normal bacteria and thorough washing of everything you guys come into contact with.

Have you started him on pro-biotics yet?  You can give orally and topically to the rash.  You should take them as well.  Sunning him and rinsing with vingar/water at diaper changes (no wipes!)... Wash all your sheets, underwear, bras, etc... with vinegar on hot hot (turn up the water heater).

Change your diet... no sugars/white starches.... him as well (if he's getting anything like that).

Are either on you on anti-biotics, or have you been?

MarineWife187
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Quoting LeanneC:

First off, the nurse is wrong.  You guys can and will pass thrush back and forth (and thrush and yest infections are the same thing, just different areas of the body).

You have to find the root cause of the problem and attack it there combined with treatment both to kill the yeast and the restore normal bacteria and thorough washing of everything you guys come into contact with.

Have you started him on pro-biotics yet? I have been feeding him yogurt at everymeal time and have even put it on his butt!! what else??

You can give orally and topically to the rash.  You should take them as well.  Sunning him and rinsing with vingar/water at diaper changes (no wipes!)... Wash all your sheets, underwear, bras, etc... with vinegar on hot hot (turn up the water heater). So just let him go outside with out a dipe on for a while???  can i just wash everything together??

Change your diet... no sugars/white starches(such as??).... him as well (if he's getting anything like that).

Are either on you on anti-biotics, or have you been?no

LeanneC
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quoting MarineWife187:

Quoting LeanneC:

Have you started him on pro-biotics yet? I have been feeding him yogurt at everymeal time and have even put it on his butt!! what else??

You can give orally and topically to the rash.  You should take them as well.  Sunning him and rinsing with vingar/water at diaper changes (no wipes!)... Wash all your sheets, underwear, bras, etc... with vinegar on hot hot (turn up the water heater). So just let him go outside with out a dipe on for a while???  can i just wash everything together??

Change your diet... no sugars/white starches(such as??).... him as well (if he's getting anything like that).

Are either on you on anti-biotics, or have you been?no

Plain yogurt, or flavored?   Actual probiotic capsules contain way more bacteria than even plain yogurt.  Just pop them open, poor some of the powder on his diaper area and mix in with other foods... or dip your finger in and have him suck it off.   Flavored yogurts contain sugar which actually feeds yeast and makes it worse.

Yea... or play in front of a sunny window.  Air and sunlight will kill the yeasties because they like dark, damp places to live.  

White starches like white bread, white rice, or potatoes... any simple carbohydrates.  They turn right into sugar in your body and that's what feeds the yeast.   Yes, you can wash together... hanging dry in the sun will also help to kill things.  You just don't want the yeast to find a home in any fabrics because that will cause re-infections.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)