Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bad list

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know when your pregnant there is a list of bad foods that you should not be eating But is there one for  BF?
I have over the last 3 months with my daughter found I cant eat Spicy foods, fizzy drinks or blue strong cheese

As they give her colic Very bad!!

Has anyone else found what they eat makes there little ones ill

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-foods.html

General rule of thumb is eat what you want unless baby has a reaction then cut that out and see if it helps, usually you can begin to eat that as baby gets older.  My son hated when I ate garlic foods but as he got older he was fine with it.

devlinCEO
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:19 PM

broccoli makes babys really gassy

trebelcleff
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM

to be on the safe side, I follow the rules that apply to pregnancy... I generally stay away from certain types of fish and seafood, cured meats, etc.  Also, our little one we believe has a wheat allergy, so I stay away from most products containing any type of gluten, but not completely because I want to give him the chance to grow out of it (and if I completely take away wheat, most literature says there is no turning back!).  I also stay away from spicy (it gives him bad gas), and cut back my milk significantly (also gives him bad gas, but only in great quantities).  Broccoli doesn't seem to bother him, and other than the above, I eat what I want.  Hope that helps!

heydooney
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM

tomatoes were horrible on my baby's bottom :(

jessihernandez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I can't eat potatoes. But, other than that, haven't found that anything else really upsets her.

ArmyMom2oneboy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I cannot eat anything with a natural latex in it since DD is allergic to latex, but other than that we are good!

Gruntlings
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM

The "bad" list depends on the child. I thought my son was sensitive to brussel sprouts, but that "sensitivity" went away once I gave him infant probiotics. After that he never had another bout of gas, and I was able to eat pretty much anything. The only thing I found that effected him was if I had a larger than usual dose of caffeine and then nursed him before the half-life of it was hit. So I just avoided doing that, and we were golden. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)