Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just Emptied . . . . .

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

About 2 oz of milk down the drain.

Woke up this morning with a clogged duct.  Nothing I did during the day made it better; in fact, it was worse this evening than this morning.  There was a buldge in my breast behind the clog.  OUCH  So after dinner I took a long hot shower and after I started feeling less sore, I started hand expressing, I'd guess at least two ounces worth (when my son was nursing, I pumped some so I have a fairly good idea of what that amount looks like). 

I feel like a whole new woman now!

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
elizabugsmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:20 PM

so far i have never had a clogged duct in the three months ive been BFing. and i hope i never do, but ill keep in mind hot showers!

eema.gray
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Quoting elizabugsmommy:

so far i have never had a clogged duct in the three months ive been BFing. and i hope i never do, but ill keep in mind hot showers!

Soaking in salt water helps too, as does nursing with baby's chin pointed towards the clog.

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)