Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get him to stop! (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

I love BFing, don't get me wrong. But I am so sick of being a pacifier. My LO wakes 1-5 times a night and won't go back down without me! UGH! I cannot cosleep, it's just not for me. I wouldn't care as much if I didn't have to work (and I get up at 5am!). He screams bloody murder when DH tries to go in there and calm him down. I just don't know what to do! HELP!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 24, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Sorry, I have no advice. My 15 month old still wakes up 1 or 2 times at ngiht but I don't mind, mainly because we co sleep & I can go back to sleep. Since you said you couldn't do that then I have no other advice. Hopefully someone else can help.

MissiHampt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Mine is the same way, but he's only 4 months.  For now, I just bring him into my bed to nurse.  Sometimes I try to put him back down by himself, other time he just stays in bed.  It's the best way for me to get any sleep.

elizabugsmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM

mine is three months and i have to give her a pacifier from time to time because she likes to fall asleep when nursing, so if i give her the pacifier she sort of falls asleep by herself from time to time.

lifetimelove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:17 PM

He just has to get used to daddy coming to comfort him.  It won't happen overnight.

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 24, 2010 at 11:40 PM

This is one of those things that has to be endured, I'm afraid. There are no magic cures.

cmiller83
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

This is one of those things that has to be endured, I'm afraid. There are no magic cures.

This is what I think too....try different tactics and strategies and see if you can find one that works for you and him

staciaw
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I am going through the same thing with my baby who is 10 weeks. SO tries to take him so I can sleep and DS SCREAMS until I pick him up. But I just try to remind myself it wont be like this for long eventhough I also get up at 5 for work.

bhwrn1
by on May. 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM

I wish he would take a binky but he never has! He is almost a year so I really don't want to start it now, either.

Quoting elizabugsmommy:

mine is three months and i have to give her a pacifier from time to time because she likes to fall asleep when nursing, so if i give her the pacifier she sort of falls asleep by herself from time to time.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)