Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a great video - baby crawl breastfeeding (nudity)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
  • 15 Replies

You can start at like 1:50 in, to the actual baby.  I think this is an amazing way to start BFing.. the baby gets the skin to skin contact, massages the tummy to help the uterus, and finds the breast and starts nursing all on its own!  I admit I teared up a little when the baby finally got a latch hehe

Lilypie - (Cibd)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
palexander
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM

How amazing!!! I didn't get to start breastfeeding any of my 4 within the first hour. Our dd was 3 hours old before she got to the breast. Wit our twins, one was 24 hours old and his brother 3 days. With our youngest he was 7 days old before he got to try to breastfeeding and now 17 months later he still nurses.

Beautiful, Beautiful.

Daynaof3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I encourage all the moms I counsel to start out breastfeeding this way. It is amazing what our babies can do!

JJRsMomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Oh wow! This is truly amazing! Unfortunately, I had to wait about an hour to nurse as well.

BUMP

KandiceN
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I think it's great how natural this is!  There's no medical interventions, no ones checking temps or blood pressure or any of that stuff.. its just mom and baby, well, and a ton of spectators hahah

If I were to ever have a 3rd kid (eek lol) I honestly think this is the way I'd love to start out!

_Baby_Love_
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Ohh! Super sweet video!! I have to admit, I teared a little as well!! Just such a sweet sweet moment!!!! : )

Wrtngfantasymom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM

wow that's amazing!!!!

Thankfully with Gabriel I DID get to nurse within the first hour. i told the nurses, i want to nurse right away. As soon as everything's cleared down there. I passed the placenta, Gabe was wrapped up and measured, I sat up, he was given to me. I stared in awe at him for about 5 minutes, then put him to the breast. that took about 35 minutes :)

staciaw
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

The hospital I gave birth in doen't take baby from you at all until after he/she has nursed. My DS came out, was placed on my chest, dried off a little and then put inside my gown. I had him for almost 3 hours before he was take to be cleaned up. It was so nice.

Jamie_2284
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I saw this video a few weeks ago and it has inspired me to write a new birthing plan for my next one. I absolutely love this video!

Wistful
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Wow! That is awesome!! Thank you for sharing!!
I didn't get to nurse Delilah until about 3?4? Hours after she was born. I asked them while we were still in the delivery room and they said she was ok not to nurse yet. :(
If I had known this I would have demanded it!

pink72princess
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I did that!!! hehe it was so amazing! My hubby and I both cried! It was an amazing moment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)