• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I crazy? ( a little OT)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
A little background.... I'm an army wife and have 3 kids 6,2,5wks... I gained alot this last pregnancy... I bought a bunch of stuff to work out at home( resistance bands, wii workouts etc). All was good until hubby went to the field(days at a time away from home) I havnt worked out at home cuz at night is only time I have and by myself u am way to exaughsted by the time kids are asleep and that's IF 5wk old will lay by himself for long... I joined weight watchers 3 wks ago but do not have good will power with diets so that alone is not helping weight loss, I tried doing walks with kids.. Have to push 2yo, wear 5 wk old and 6 yo would walk, well couldn't get much of work out cuz 6yo can't go too far too fast! And I would get incredibly sweaty on chest from baby in moby and his face would get irritated. So that didn't work..Soo I finally got so frustrated today with it being so hard to exercise that I went to join Y. All three kids can go to child care at the gym while I work out and if there is a prob. They come and get me. I told them I was BFing and need them to watch for hunger cues and get me no matter what and not let my baby cry. They were more than happy to meet my needs. Anyway, I feel crazy fir even thinking if leaving my 6wk old( will be when we start) with anyone besides dad but I just don't see any other option and this (exercise) is one thing extremely important to me..i think that this option works out best for out BFing cuz I can be there in a jiff if he needs me.. So am I crazy or am I doing an ok thing for my me time since hubby not around??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WilliamsMama08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM

You are going to be in the same building, I think you are fine.

jessica39232
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Just keep your workouts intense for about an hour.  Baby will be fine in the care of someone else that is in the same place as you.

Amanda3983
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Hi,

I completely feel your pain as far as time to yourself and being able to work out.  I have a treadmill at home but never seem to find time to use it.  I have a hubby at home though.  I just need to reorganize my time and make it happen.  I just wanted to say I understand.  The only childcare concerns especially for your baby is the exposure to so many germs at that early of age.   I would also try and pick a low peak time so that there are fewer kids for them to watch so that they can devote a lot of time to your baby and watch for the feeding cues as well as less potential for your little one to be exposed too germs or possible harm from rough older children.  Hope this helps you.  Don't feel guilty for taking time for you everyone needs some me time.  Also exercise will give you more energy and help with the stress of the kids. 

I am doing wwatchers as well and have lost 25 lbs in 18 weeks.  Keep trying because it is a successful program that teaches you how to manage life and live a lifestyle that can keep you fit for years to come.

Wife2003
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Thanks!! They do have the babies separate from the other kids which pleased me to see. The germs are what scares me most but ya know I thought about it and many women return to work at 6 wks and put their kids in daycare and they are fine! LoL this is just me trying to make myself feel ok about this!!

Quoting Amanda3983:

Hi,

I completely feel your pain as far as time to yourself and being able to work out.  I have a treadmill at home but never seem to find time to use it.  I have a hubby at home though.  I just need to reorganize my time and make it happen.  I just wanted to say I understand.  The only childcare concerns especially for your baby is the exposure to so many germs at that early of age.   I would also try and pick a low peak time so that there are fewer kids for them to watch so that they can devote a lot of time to your baby and watch for the feeding cues as well as less potential for your little one to be exposed too germs or possible harm from rough older children.  Hope this helps you.  Don't feel guilty for taking time for you everyone needs some me time.  Also exercise will give you more energy and help with the stress of the kids. 

I am doing wwatchers as well and have lost 25 lbs in 18 weeks.  Keep trying because it is a successful program that teaches you how to manage life and live a lifestyle that can keep you fit for years to come.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM

You're FINE. Only crazy thing is you're overthinking.

rayelinsragz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM

I agree. You'll be fine and the baby will be fine. I had my second while my husband was gone on deployment. He didn't get home until he was nearly 7 months old. Exercise is one of my top personal priority's. But now that by sons have been going to the same caregiver for the past several months. I can drop off with ease. My little one still cries a little when I leave but I know it's really just a show. (I can go look through a window and he's already playing). Leaving the baby is really hard at first especially at that age but working out will help you so much. You need to have that you time so that when you are at home you can focus better on being mom.

Raye Lin Brookshire
Passion Parties Consultant
http://endorphinrush101.yourpassionconsultant.com/
I am always looking for women to join my team!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)