• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A selfish reason to NOT stop breastfeeding....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM
  • 44 Replies

We all have our reasons for why we breastfeed for the time we do. Most of us breastfeed because it is the best for our babies/children. Plus to benefits to mom are great.

Our son is 17 months and still nursing. I wore a nursing bra for the first 8 months straight, night and day. Till a year I wore only doing the day. Now I wear it only when going out. Today I realized that I didn't want to quit breastfeeding because I will have to go back to wearing a regular bra. I don't think I could find one that fits and is comfortable. I know I could keep wear the nursing bras but I hate how I look in them but they are soooo comfortable.

That is one selfish reason to keep breastfeeding.

Has anyone else had a selfish reason?

Disclaimer: that is not the reason we continue. We continue because JJ (our son) doesn't want to give up his boob yet.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKalila
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Well... my husband and I joke about him keeping me either pregnant or breastfeeding to keep "the big boobs".  It seemed to work so far... Kalila weaned at 26 months when I was 5 months pg lol... haven't lost em yet.

Daynaof3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

It settles my girls down at night like nothing else, lol. They are 3 1/2 and the only thing that settles them enough to get to bed(they go to sleep on their own they don't nurse to sleep) is to nurse. Works for me! =)

LKRA
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I agree with you, Pale. Me loves me some nursing bra. When Tater stops nursing, I might still keep wearing it! :)

rileysmommy229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

one of mine is that it helps me lose weight

mama02040608
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I'm too lazy to find another way for my son to go to sleep for naps and nighttime.  I am literally terrified of trying nap/bedtime without the boob.  This baby never took a binky, and won't take a bottle unless I'm not here.  so...21mos and counting....

laureng22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:54 AM

yep, I can eat more :)

2ndchancemommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I could do without the nursing bras...it's a pain in the rear to find them in my size locally. For me, it's about the closeness between me and my daughter. I LOVE that content look and the loving pats she gives me as she nurses.

preacherskid
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM

It's the best comforting tool I can find- fell down and hit your head? come nurse! dog stole your snack? come nurse! bad dream/can't sleep? come nurse!  LOL

SillyRooster
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM

My selfish reason... He loved it and I was the only one that could give that to him.  Take that in-laws.

DragonRiderMD
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I'm with SillyRooster. My selfish reason for breastfeeding at all is so other people can't take over feedings (especially MIL). Though I like preacherskid's reason, too -- booby is even better at curing boo-boos than mommy kisses are, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)