Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

milk supply jumping UP at 7 mo!?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

so this is a first of a post for me lol But I'm really curious! some facts: baby has been on a pretty good routine, it never really fluctuates, so my supply, has been perfect for about a good 2 months. She was sick 2 weeks ago, and nursed ALOT, but that was 2 weeks ago. It's been back to normal for 1.5 weeks. So 3 days ago, I wake up before her usual time to eat and I'm totally engorged (like first weeks engorged..HUGE). I feed her, but even after she got her fill (and she was verrry full) I was still full of milk. So all day yesterday I was full, even after she ate, lastnight, I woke up at 2am and had soaked my shirt (she hasn't woken up at 2am in a long time, usually 4-5 am).

She IS eating well, like normal, her lil tummy is all pot bellied lol after she eats, so I know she's getting her fill of milk...but why the sudden jump in supply? I haven't eaten anything out of the usual, my water intake is about the same. SO just curious if this happened to anyone else!

although i'm in pain a good bit lol, I'm not complaining, would rather have too much than too little! allllso, a friend of mine joked (not so funny!) that I miiight be pregnant. so..any of you have a supply INcrease when preggo? I don't think that's it..been wrapping it AND I haven't had a period yet so I shouuuuld be good lol

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Want your pre-baby body back!? Click here! 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
preacherskid
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Could be a growth spurt kicking in-that usually made me get pretty engorged.  Or you could be pregnant :)  I'm about seven weeks and have been noticing that I am slightly more full than I would expect for nursing a 17 month old.  Or your hormones could be shifting a little.

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Engorgement doesn't necessarily mean a jump in supply. It does mean there's an adjustment underway.

DO NOT WRAP!!!! Worst thing you can do...that causes clogs which can lead to mastitis.

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

oh haha..no I mean..wrapped as in condoms lol HAHA you think..that causes clogs?ROFL

but thanks :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Engorgement doesn't necessarily mean a jump in supply. It does mean there's an adjustment underway.

DO NOT WRAP!!!! Worst thing you can do...that causes clogs which can lead to mastitis.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Want your pre-baby body back!? Click here! 

angelbabies14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM

not having a period doens't mean you can't get pregnant.  I'm the proud mother of 2 children whom I've conceived WITHOUT a period lol of course using a condom lessens the chance its not 100% either,  I don't think thats it but if you continue feeding her as normal things will get back to the way they were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)