• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a little advice

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

first off sorry if this is posted already some where, I did look around a bit but got sick of looking. Sorry a bit on the lazy side too. LOL

Anyways, I am trying to boost my bm supply doing a craft show this weekend and leaving my little one with my mom so trying to get some milk stored for her. I started the fenugreek last night and already have two bottles ready for her since last night, which really isnt much but more than she had yesterday, LOL. Anyways, is there any foods that bring supply down or up just checking and seeing if there is anything else I can do to help this process.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
new_mom808
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM

How long are you planning on being gone? She will need about 1-11.5 oz per hour. I dont know of any foods that will decrease supply, but lack of water will do it. The Fenugreek will only help if supply is low, I think. to increase an already ample supply the only thing I know of is to increase demand. So pump, nurse, pump, nurse. and drink plenty of water. I mean plenty. I think I peed more in that first year than I did while I was pregnant! LOL.

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM

She needs one to 1.25 ounces per hour...that was a typo in the above response. Drink water, pump first thing in the AM, eat oatmeal.

You alreayd may have plenty pumped, depending on how long you'll be gone and what you've stored. You absolutely do NOT want more than the amounts we've given you...you need her to be hungry when you get back to her so you can nurse immediately. And bring a pump with yhou if you're going to be gone a long time.

Jonie1027s
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I got a pump to take with, I will be gone from 8-6 for 3 days, but I plan on putting her back on her boob as soon as she sees me. this will also be our first time away from one another. I figured that was a typo, LOL, but thanks yall really I mean it.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

So you need at the max 30 oz..because thats 10 hours for 3 days...nurse before you leave, tell your mom to give either 2 oz every 2 hours or 3 oz every 3 hours NO MORE than that.

How much do you have stored..you said 2 bottles, but how much is IN those bottles?  Many moms think they need WAY more.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

OH and you can use the stuff you pump from the first day for the second day and the stuff fromt he 2nd day for the 3rd day...so you may already have enough pumped lol.

Jonie1027s
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Right now I have 10 oz, so I have enough for the first day. I will pump for extra just in case. My nephew always eats out the extra I normally pump, I just havent had to pump in a few weeks because my little one has kept me dry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)