Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it true that this is normal at this age?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

My baby is 5 weeks old and she is demanding to nurse less often. This is not just at night, but also during the day. Dipes are normal, copious even,  but is this normal behavior?

I am a...

Cloth diapering, Breast Feeding, Selective Vaxxing, Co-sleeping, ERF to the MAX, non-CIO, Wiccan, Gay Rights Supporting, Outdoorsy, Crafty, Animal loving,  Girl Scout Supporting, College Educated, Army Wife, Other culture absorbing, liberal, SAHM, to one beautiful baby girl.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
new_mom808
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM

YUP. Most moms pray for this day. But beware this too shall pass. Babies schedules change just often enough to make you doubt your sanity. :) DS seemed to keep to one schedule until the very day I thought it was safe to say "Lately he's been....." whatever XYZ. The very next day he would make a liar out of me. LOL.

gdiamante
by Gina on May. 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Yes. You have been textbook perfect all along. If they aren't making you nuts, THEN you worry. **grin**

Gecko85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Thank you for all your help. You have been a great support.

Quoting gdiamante:

Yes. You have been textbook perfect all along. If they aren't making you nuts, THEN you worry. **grin**

teachermama81
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM

yes.  it's normal

teachermama81
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM

it will also be normal in two days when he wants to nurse all the time again :) 

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

mhmm. enjoy your "day off" hehe catch up on some z's n emails while you can..hehe

Quoting teachermama81:

it will also be normal in two days when he wants to nurse all the time again :) 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Want your pre-baby body back!? Click here! 

eema.gray
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sounds like he's sleeping off a growth spurt.  :-)  My two nurse like crazy for a few days, then go into a milk coma and seem to not nurse at all for two days or so, while busy growing out of everything they just fit in 24 hours earlier.  Enjoy the  break!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)