• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously? At 21 months!?!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

So you would think I would have learned at this point but noooooo. Like seemingly everyone else I still wonder occasionally, "Is he really getting anything? Am I still producing?" and on and on. DS is 21 months and nurses 2x per day. First thing in the am and usually right b4 bed.
So this morning he decides to really too excited about his new toy to nurse on BOTH sides. Okay whatever. Fast forward to halfway through my work day and I am engorged and so sore.
Seriously?!? I mean it's not like I have a supply to satisfy a 6 month old. I guess next time I wonder if I'm still producing I'll remember this misery.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kparker75844
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM

LOL! I know what you mean.  My little one is also 21 months btw! If he decides to go most of the night w/o nursing and then does not nurse in the am I am very sore by the evening.  So I completely understand.

angelbabies14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I don't have the same exact situation but I here you on the sore issue after limited BF's.  I nurse my 22 month old and 6 month old and if my 22 month old stays with her grandma and poppy for a night my milk is spraying everywhere!  Every shirt is soaked just from her not having a few BF's.   Oh the joys of it all!

Missbehaves
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Wow!  I haven't gotten engorged in a looonnng time.  I go 12-14 hours without nursing a few times a week and I haven't pumped in 5 months.  I am kind of nervous about this weekend though since I'm going for an overnight without DD so it will be a little over 24 hours.  I guess I will take my manual pump just in case.  Yuck!  I despise pumping.

new_mom808
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Quoting Missbehaves:

Wow!  I haven't gotten engorged in a looonnng time.  I go 12-14 hours without nursing a few times a week and I haven't pumped in 5 months.  I am kind of nervous about this weekend though since I'm going for an overnight without DD so it will be a little over 24 hours.  I guess I will take my manual pump just in case.  Yuck!  I despise pumping.

LOL I would. If I had known I was going to be leaking today I certainly would have dusted off my pump and brought it to work w/ me.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Quoting new_mom808:

Quoting Missbehaves:

LOL I would. If I had known I was going to be leaking today I certainly would have dusted off my pump and brought it to work w/ me.

Look up the Marmet technique and hand express lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)