• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does WIC give out breastpumps?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was reading this in another group and since you ladies here breastfeed does anyone know about that?

IAmPregnant Ticker
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommytoangel407
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I do not have personal experience but I want to say they do give electric if you work or go to school.  If you do not do either of those, you can get a manual.  There are some people that will chime in to correct me if I am wrong.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Yep if you work or go to school full time.  Some loan them others give it to you

2pittsburghboys
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I have one from WIC and I don't go to school or work.  They do make exceptions if they have them available.  But if someone else has a higher priority and needs it such as someone in school or that works I believe they would ask for it back.  Check with your insurance company some will actually give you pump depending on your coverarge and carrier.  Good Luck :)  What start are you in? It may vary by state....

Daynaof3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

You need to call your local WIC program, some do some don't. You don't know for sure until you call and if they do you need to see if you qualify for one. Many times they do at least have manual breast pumps.

iwanabemomie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Quoting 2pittsburghboys:

I have one from WIC and I don't go to school or work.  They do make exceptions if they have them available.  But if someone else has a higher priority and needs it such as someone in school or that works I believe they would ask for it back.  Check with your insurance company some will actually give you pump depending on your coverarge and carrier.  Good Luck :)  What start are you in? It may vary by state....

I live in south carolina.i was looking into buying a breastpump until i heard that WIC will give you one.

IAmPregnant Ticker
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I know NC , atleast here in Cumberland county where Ft Bragg is, they have Medela Lactina pumps they loan out, they always say they will take it back if a more needy person comes along but since NO ONE Bfs here theres no chance of that .

they are HUGE and loud and do not have a letdown button so no 2 phase expression but they work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)