• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The urge to breastfeed.

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  • 35 Replies

This is may be kind of a weird. But my friend had a baby a about a month ago,well I went up to the hospital to see her and her new baby boy. When I held him I just had this strong urge to nurse him. I just brushed it off as nothing. Well 2 weeks ago my other friend had a baby, I went over to her house to see him and as I was holding him, again I got the urge to nurse him as well. Now is that normal or am I just weird?

I'm a proud stay at home momma to two beautiful and amazing kids, 1 girl and 1 boy. I'm married to their amazing daddy and will be for the rest of my life. I proudly exclusively breastfeed our son andyes, I do it in public. I am VERY VERY proud of breastfeeding. I am 100% anti-formula unless its medically necessary. I don't give solids until 9 months at the least. I love baby wearing andCO-sleeping. I don't believe in CIO or spanking. I use disposable diapers, I quit smoking over a year and a half ago and I don't drink. I live my life for my kids and my husband. I would like to have 10 kids. Yes, the TV does make a good babysitter. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Are friends nursing their babies?  We had custody of a 6 month old the end of last summer, when his mom pretty much stopped nursing and he was miserableon formula..when I held him I wanted to nurse him so badly.  I think its a hormonal thing and the KNOWING that Bm is best.  JMO

Jamie_2284
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM

No, I am not nursing them. Just my (1 year old) son, but my one friends son was hungry and maybe thats why I felt the urge to and my other friend refused to nurse her baby and I guess I felt bad her had to eat formula and I guess thats why I felt the need to give him breastmilk...UGH! I need help! lol

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Are friends nursing their babies?  We had custody of a 6 month old the end of last summer, when his mom pretty much stopped nursing and he was miserableon formula..when I held him I wanted to nurse him so badly.  I think its a hormonal thing and the KNOWING that Bm is best.  JMO

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

LOL I didn't think you were nursing them. YEP I think its the BM is better than formula urge.

Quoting Jamie_2284:

No, I am not nursing them. Just my (1 year old) son, but my one friends son was hungry and maybe thats why I felt the urge to and my other friend refused to nurse her baby and I guess I felt bad her had to eat formula and I guess thats why I felt the need to give him breastmilk...UGH! I need help! lol

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Jamie_2284
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Hmmm? I guess I am nuts! lolbouncing

Butterflycraze2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I get that urge too sometimes :)

Apr1l
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM
I think its normal nurturing response.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie_2284
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Hahaha! Yea I just saw what you wrote. I'm a little dyslexic tonight

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

LOL I didn't think you were nursing them. YEP I think its the BM is better than formula urge.

Quoting Jamie_2284:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Apr1l
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wife2003
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Quoting Apr1l:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2mycuties
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I guess I didn't really give it much thought but when i was at a baby shower last month there was my dd and 3 other babies around the same age as her (3mths) and when i held them i immediately thought about nursing...and then was like WAIT lol they are formula fed...it was especially bad when the one baby started crying, I have OAL and i started leaking when i heard the fussing. So i hope its normal lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)