• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Help with My little one Biting Me!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

My Baby is now 5 months and only nurses and he has started to bite and he chops down and sometimes pulls it hurts so bad!Earlier i had to set him down and walk away real quick cause i almost started crying it hurt SO bad.Is it cause heis teething?Do i have to just wait it out I'm nervous when hes going to actually have teeth!But he also starts making this face and I have to start laughing lol!I need some help on what to do!

This is the face he makes =)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Look in the resources/FAQ page at the post When babies Attack!

jonezy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

i am not sure how to stop him from biting, but i think your laughing (i know its difficult not to, cause they are sooo darn cute) may be making him think its ok because he is getting a positive reaction.  my goodness, that face lol, too funny.

lupe_wheeler
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Quoting jonezy:

i am not sure how to stop him from biting, but i think your laughing (i know its difficult not to, cause they are sooo darn cute) may be making him think its ok because he is getting a positive reaction.  my goodness, that face lol, too funny.

Yeah it doesnt help i laugh but that face just makes me laugh so hard lol!

lupe_wheeler
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Look in the resources/FAQ page at the post When babies Attack!

Thanks!

misslonely
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM

oh man my dd is 7 mos old and 2 of her bottom teeth came out within a day of each other. they are not all the way out but DAMN does that S@##@! hurt when she bites and pulls. I could almost feel it myself as i read your post LOL. Im like Klaire no no NO!" as she pulls. When she finally lets go im like SOB!!!!!!!! grasping my boob in one hand and holding my laughter in. Ok i know i wasnt any help but i was just letting you know you are not alone!

MotherofIreland
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I've read that you just need to pull back, say "no biting" and keep doing it until they get it.  If they are really young I reckon it will take a bit for them to make the connection between their behavior and the reason why you are stopping the nursing session (just for a moment to tell them "no biting").  I don't even want to imagine my son doing this to me.  I would probably yell and swear.

lupe_wheeler
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Quoting misslonely:

oh man my dd is 7 mos old and 2 of her bottom teeth came out within a day of each other. they are not all the way out but DAMN does that S@##@! hurt when she bites and pulls. I could almost feel it myself as i read your post LOL. Im like Klaire no no NO!" as she pulls. When she finally lets go im like SOB!!!!!!!! grasping my boob in one hand and holding my laughter in. Ok i know i wasnt any help but i was just letting you know you are not alone!

I cant even imagine when he gets teeth ouch!He chomps and pulls so it hurts so bad!I had to walk away cause i started laughing cause he makes that cute funny face!!lol

lupe_wheeler
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Quoting MotherofIreland:

I've read that you just need to pull back, say "no biting" and keep doing it until they get it.  If they are really young I reckon it will take a bit for them to make the connection between their behavior and the reason why you are stopping the nursing session (just for a moment to tell them "no biting").  I don't even want to imagine my son doing this to me.  I would probably yell and swear.

I tried the no biting but he laughed i will prob just have to keep at it and keep telling him hopefully he will get it soon!

army_wifey_06
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:24 AM

He probably is teething. My DS has 7 teeth now and the only time he bites me is when he's teething. When he is teething he'll btie while he's nursing and any other chance he gets. I tap him on the mouth and tell him "No biting" in a stern voice and he just laughs at me. I don't know what else to do Lol. Sorry hun! DS has made me cry before because he's bit me so hard. Good luck!

lupe_wheeler
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Quoting army_wifey_06:

He probably is teething. My DS has 7 teeth now and the only time he bites me is when he's teething. When he is teething he'll btie while he's nursing and any other chance he gets. I tap him on the mouth and tell him "No biting" in a stern voice and he just laughs at me. I don't know what else to do Lol. Sorry hun! DS has made me cry before because he's bit me so hard. Good luck!

I think hes teething cause he bits my fngers to lol pretty much anything he can he will!I wasent able to bf this long with my DD so im not really sure what to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)