Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exercise and bfing

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

my girlfriend started working out with me today.  she is still ebfing her 10 months old.  does exercise/burning calories/losing weight effect your milk at all? i know its a silly question but i just wanted to be sure.  thanks ladies :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lifetimelove
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Nope, not a bit.  I ran 30 miles a week after my son was born and could have nursed triplets.  =)

Wife2003
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Did u have to replace all calories burned??

Quoting lifetimelove:

Nope, not a bit.  I ran 30 miles a week after my son was born and could have nursed triplets.  =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wife2003
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Let me rethink that cuz that would be a LOT of cals!!! Did u generally have to eat more though???

Quoting Wife2003:

Quoting lifetimelove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 27, 2010 at 12:48 AM

1800 calories a day is your minimum. Drink water to replac.e No, you do NOT need to eat extra.

lifetimelove
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:39 AM

I have never counted calories.  I eat to my hunger (and keep my portions reasonable).  I make sure I eat a healthy diet and don't have junk food in the house.  I treat myself, but it's never stuff in the cabinet, KWIM? 

When I was running, I got down to 152 - my prepregancy weight was 158 (and that was while training for a marathon - within 6 months.

After my 2nd baby it was a whole different matter, but I was unable to exercise and had a lot of stress due to her health and my living situation at the time. 

Quoting Wife2003:

Let me rethink that cuz that would be a LOT of cals!!! Did u generally have to eat more though???

Quoting Wife2003:

Quoting lifetimelove:

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

jonezy
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:17 PM

thanks ladies!

catholicmamamia
by on May. 28, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Eat to hunger, drink to thirst, moderate exercise, and you're golden! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)