Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what makes our milk sweet?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

is it just naturally like that or is it related to moms diet?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM

its Naturally way...

luna08
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

thats so cool! another thing on my "mommy milk is amazing" list lol my 21mo was ff but once i started bf her brother i would give her expressed milk instaed of cows milk and she looooooves mommys milk! she would only drink cows milk if i put chocolate in it. but it makes me feel bad that i did try more with her :/

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

its Naturally way...

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM

My older kids were barely nurses, when we know better we do better right?

I gave my 2nd son pumped milk here and there he loved it but my oldest said it was nasty!

Quoting luna08:

thats so cool! another thing on my "mommy milk is amazing" list lol my 21mo was ff but once i started bf her brother i would give her expressed milk instaed of cows milk and she looooooves mommys milk! she would only drink cows milk if i put chocolate in it. but it makes me feel bad that i did try more with her :/

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

its Naturally way...

pghmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM

The more intelligent an "animal" the sweeter it's milk.  Human's are the sweetest.  It's the large amount of lactose in breast milk that makes it taste so sweet: breast milk contains roughly twice as much lactose as cow's milk does. But unlike the sugar in a Twinkie, the sugar in breast milk has a purpose: it helps the baby's immature digestive system maximize its uptake of calcium and other important nutrients.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)