Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not getting any sleep anymore!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

Alright, my son is almost 10 months old, and is breastfeeding, he use to sleep through the night about 9-10 hours straight then he would get up around 6 to nurse then back to bed for an hour or two. Well he has been teething for about 3 weeks now and they finally popped through 3 days ago, but for some reason I can't get him to sleep through the night anymore! Last night he was up every hour on the hour for 6 hours straight wanting to nurse! Finally after the 4am feeding I guess I just turned his monitor off because it was off this morning when I got up at 9am! I guess I was just that tired, so I don't know if he woke up again or not! LOL Anyways, is he really needing this, or have I just "let" him do this? Should I let him cry it out? I can understand getting up to nurse once or twice, but this is getting ridiculous! It's been like this for about 3 weeks now! I don't have a problem getting up to nurse him, except when it is so often! Any suggetions? (oh, and he won't take a paci at night, he knows what I'm tring to do, LOL)

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I have no suggestions but I think it's totally normal. My 15 month old still wakes a couple of times at night to nurse but we co sleep so it's not a big deal because I jsut go back to sleep. Actually I usually only wake up when I feel him latch himself on. lol I personally wouldn't let him cry it out, I think that's mean.JMO though.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM

He;'s normal. And if you got any sleep you'd be in violation of the Mommy Contract. **grin**

This WILL pass. Dump that which isn't vital for survival to give yourself downtime. Check out "The NO Cry Sleep Solution."

new_mom808
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Quoting scharette:

Anyways, is he really needing this, or have I just "let" him do this? Should I let him cry it out?

Here's how we were able to discern if he really needed it or not.

Step #1- Fussing - Do nothing just listen.
Step #2 - crying - DADDY goes in. I stayed in bed. Daddy 1st tried back rubbing and pacifier, then rocking or holding.
Step #3 - If daddy couldnt comfort him, then I came in with the momma milk.

It cut down my trips out of bed in 1/2. :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM

This is what we did!

Quoting new_mom808:

Quoting scharette:

Anyways, is he really needing this, or have I just "let" him do this? Should I let him cry it out?

Step #2 - crying - DADDY goes in. I stayed in bed. Daddy 1st tried back rubbing and pacifier, then rocking or holding.

scharette
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Very good idea! I think I might try this tonight!

Quoting new_mom808:

Quoting scharette:

siggy,admin,Sarah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)