Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to BF not enough?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

My LO is 6 weeks old and he has been on formula and pumped milk during the day and breast feeding at night.  The Dr. put me on Reglan because I wasn't even able to pump with the good pump  1/2 an ounce.  At times it seems like its working but other times I'm still barley getting anything.  LO is finally able to BF during the day every other feeding.  I'm not having any nipple confusion but he will eat for 45min to an hour and when he breaks off 10 minutes later he will be screaming and rooting for more.  I don't know what to do other than supplement him which he will drink another 2 oz if I do.  I'm frustrated and confused.  I've been on Reglan now for a week pumping every 2 hours trying to build up my supply it seems like its getting lower than higher.  Any advice?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

GO WITH IT! This is PERFECT., Welcome to the six week growth spurt! Pop him n the breast and LEAVE him there.

This is EXACTLY what you want him to be doing! BEAUTIFUL! Don't go messing with it...dump the formula instead.

Misery_Stitches
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Stop giving baby bottles and only breastfeed.

And how much you pump has nothing to do with how much your breasts are making. SOme people can respond to a pump great but others cant.... yet are still able to feed their babies with no supply problems at all

Im sure one of the others will go into more detail but I have to go and get ready for work :)

Good luck though

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

This and count diapers to reassure yourself

Quoting gdiamante:

GO WITH IT! This is PERFECT., Welcome to the six week growth spurt! Pop him n the breast and LEAVE him there.

This is EXACTLY what you want him to be doing! BEAUTIFUL! Don't go messing with it...dump the formula instead.

mama02040608
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I don't remember why the reglan and formula and such...I do remember that you posted.  I would nurse as often and as long as he will nurse.  Baby is the best stimulant of milk production.  Even if all that other stuff wasn't going on, this week or so would be hellish anyway!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)