Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

I took my 5 week old to the doc today for her one month apt. and She weighs 8lbs 11oz!!!!! She weighed 6lbs 3oz at birth ( she was a premi baby). This whole time i've been thinking she hasn't been getting enough milk cause she eats for short periods of time and spits up alot (i even thought about giving her formula because how short her feedings are) the doc told me she is just getting alot of milk (she eats for like 10 min at a time). Well know i know for sure she is getting enough milk and i will NOT be supplementing with formula what so ever. Sorry i just wanted to share cause im just so darn excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancingbreastfeeding

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoangel407
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

YaY!  I was the same way.  I was so excited after our first well visit.  It is great to see how well our lo do on the momma milk :-)

Mom_2_be2008
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:14 PM

That is awesome! I have been having the same worry for my ds, cause he only eats for around 10 mins total as well, where a lot of newborns feed for like 1/2 hour! So maybe I will not freak out as much until I see how much he weighs at his 2 month appt  :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM

And I thought my 5 week old had gained alot!

He is 5 weeks today and has gone from 7lbs 2 oz to 9lbs 4 oz..yours has gained even more than that!

Heres the deal witht he short feedings and spit up.  ITs oversupply or overactive letdown.  YOu can help this by block feeding.  Thats feeding one one side for 2-3 feedings then switch sides..block feeding.  Also feed with baby more upright.

I am going back to work so I pump before feeds sometimes to get stocked up on milk and then he gets plenty afterwards and gets moer hindmilk/fatty milk.  BUT this will mean my milk continues to be kinda high because of the pumping.

tabetha_w
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM

thank you tabi_cat thats exactly what my doc thinks to and hes a guy!!!!!

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:45 AM

You are doing GREAT! 

Mia~ breastfeeding, babywearing, sleepsharing, nonspanking, clothdiapering,
   homeschooling, pro-life, modest, happily married wife and stay at home mom!

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jun. 4, 2010 at 1:56 AM

YEAH!!!! Mine were short nursers also, because they became very efficient at the breast from early on :) and they also had good weight gains :)

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Good job mama!

I got your name confused with tabi_cat. You kept putting "she" and I was like, wait, didn't you have a boy?...lol

new_mom808
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Wooo-Hoooo WTG!!!

mamacita4two
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:03 AM

thats the best news!

good job!!!

im happy for you

i remeber worryings about the same things

(except my child had acid reflux and DID throw everything up LOL...long story)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)