Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Period question

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been EBFing Sean for almost 7 months. No bottles or pacis. We started solids last week but he's only had them three times, nursing before the solids.

I know it is "normal" while Breastfeeding to have your period every month, to skip a couple months, to not have it for a year. I also know that it is normal for your cycle to be longer, shorter, no cramps, more cramps.

BUT is it normal to have period symptoms then NO period? For the past week or so my nipples have been really senstitive (a sign of AF starting soon), I've been crampy with backache and headache (normal signs for me). I've even been moody, also normal for me  :)

Well I wake up this morning and all is fine. No more moodiness, sore nipples or cramps. I feel just like I do the day or so AFTER af stops. Is this normal?  I've never had all the symptoms and her not show up.

Just a little confused   :)

by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
teachermama81
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 3:19 PM

me too.  my pump output has even gone down but no af :(

LorisChar
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Thank you, atleast I knwo I'm not the only one going through this  :)   I've NEVER had this happen before. If I have symptoms, she's going to show up LOL.

SabrinaL
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. My baby is 3 months and I haven't had a period. I thought all the "signs" I had a few weeks ago was me getting ready to start but I guess not. 

LorisChar
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I thought with the symptoms I had "she" would be showing up for sure. I had my baby November 9th. Got my first period December 22nd, second period April 6th, third period May 5th. I thought since I got it in april and may that I would def get it this month, especially with the symptoms I had. Still confused.

Dancesontoes17
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:17 PM
I kinda have the same thing I have not had a period since having owen (nov 10) but still get some of the symptoms I can tell when I am ovulating because I have 2 cysts and it hurts when that happens and then I get moods swings but still no period. I didn't get it back with my first baby until I dried up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Yea, pretty normal. Mine were pretty irregular starting @ 6 months when we introduced solids. But some months I would think I was going to start and he would start nursing like crazy and I would just skip that month. Hormones are funny, funny things.

MsHouseWife
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Same here.  DD is 12 months and have been feeling this way for over two weeks now but nothing

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM
I never get AF until I completely wean (15 months, and then 24 months with #2and 3, even nursing 1 or 2xs a day before weaning) yet for quite a while before I swear I am getting EWCM and also back pain like AF, the moodiness. And nadda. I don't know why some women get AF at 2 months PP while exclusively breastfeeding while others like me can go 2 years with no AF. I'm also getting horrible hip pain like I do before AF.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)