Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

ok I had to stop

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 9:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
I had to stop a month later..my daughter is already taking the bottel very well, and I loe it because I know how much she is taking in and we just bond differently, plus I have alot going on....my question when do they actually stop being engored..plz help 
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
janaelex
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 9:20 PM
motherlove.com sells something to help dry the milk up.  it is an herbal remedy.  also..you can use cold cabbage leaves.  that helps.  it takes a few days.  good luck to you!!!
sweetmoonflower
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 10:06 PM
What worked for me was Taking a warm/hot shower and getting alot of the milk out, quickly drying off my breasts and wrapping them as tight as possible with an ace bandage. If you must unwrap ( leaking, what ever) get yourself wraped back up quickly as to not let them have time to have room to collect much milk.
eeyore4
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 10:09 PM
What about pumping and then giving it to your baby.  She still gets your milk and you still have that bond you like.
LBSLOTT
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Quoting eeyore4:

What about pumping and then giving it to your baby. She still gets your milk and you still have that bond you like.
I agree, or keep pumping & donate it to a human milk bank! 
julz777
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Quoting LBSLOTT:

Quoting eeyore4:

What about pumping and then giving it to your baby. She still gets your milk and you still have that bond you like.
I agree, or keep pumping & donate it to a human milk bank! 

I agree also.  Pumping would give your baby what she needs and you can see how much she's drinking.  May I ask why you HAD to stop? 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN