Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF and weird periods.. TMI...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

ok so my son is 4 months old and he is EBF now.. there was 1 week when he was born that i had to FF due to antibiotics i was taking.. but since then he has not been FF.. anywhom.. ever since i got my period back (since 8 weeks) i have had at LEAST 2 a month. they last for 5 days each... well now last month i had 3 and this month i just started my 2nd..  what is going on? is this normal. should i be concerned about this.. someone help me please..

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nessy1980
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Ok these are the things I know for a fact. Breast feeding does mess with your periods because Ive skipped a few of them freaking I was pregnant. You could always go to the doctor and they can give you something to make them stop. Are you on birth control? Ive had 2 periods in a month and that was twice in my life. Are you stressed ? because that can also affect them too.

AlohaKim01
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:10 AM

I've heard that when it comes to your period and breastfeeding anything is normal.  Mine is all over the place, here today and gone for a month.  Weird.  I'd see my OBGYN is I was you, just to be safe.  But I bet it's normal, just your body trying to get back into a groove.  

gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM

That's too many. Are you on the minipill? It's a known problem with that form of birth control, and I would change.

youngmommy22289
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM

i am not on BC and as of right no i dont have insurance... but today my cramps hurt soo bad on my right side. idk. i havent skipped a period at all. idk it hurts i know that much and its annoying. i feel like im about ready to cut out my uterus myself.. (not really going to do that)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)