Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had to Laugh

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM
  • 10 Replies
Recently I was talking to my DH's cousin. She just had her first baby a few months ago. She was complaining about the fact that WIC doesn't supply all of the formula you need for your baby. She was complaining about the cost of the formula she had to buy. In my head I was thinking "yeah, it's free for me to feed my babies". But I didn't say that because I didn't want to be rude to her about her choice to use formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vances_mom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM
People like that drive me nuts! WIC isn't SUPPOSED to give you ALL the formula you would need, it's to help you out a little and give you SOME :-/ I get the WIC BFing mother package but I in NO way think that is all the food I'm supposed to eat in a month!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Next time just say well WIC is a food suppliment service, itf not meant to be enough to feed the child its supposed to help.    Its not being rude its just a fact.

Either way it'll cost to feed her child when hes older too so she needs to suck it up, she made the choice to have the child...BF/FFing isn't totally the issue here though it would solve her issue for now

MDT09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Uh- people who abuse WIC (and governmental programs) drive me nuts!frustrated

lilchloesmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM
Yeah this one is a piece of work. The baby was concieved accidently with her 19 year old boyfriend. They split up right before the baby was born. This girl is not doing great finanically, to say the least. But for her I don't think breastfeeding was ever an option. Her attitude is one of those "yuck, I'm not going to have my baby suck on my boob". But I think that just has a lot to do with how she was raised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:23 PM

LOL, I was at work talking to this guy when DS was very young and he was complaining about the price of formula. I said "DS's food is free" and he said "Yea so was my older kids' food."
I replied, "Oh, did your ex-wife breast feed?"
he goes, "No, we had WIC with them."
"Yea, that wasnt really what I was talking about."

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Ughh I hate that kind of attitude. What burns me up is WIC providing formula in the first place for women who don't actually NEED it.

JJRsMomma
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Ughh I hate that kind of attitude. What burns me up is WIC providing formula in the first place for women who don't actually NEED it.

I know, tell me about it.

I am a proud stay at home mother to a very inquisitive, vivacious 21 MO daughter. I am non-vaccinating, extended breastfeeding, anti-meat dairy eggs (vegan), animal lover, research junky, family oriented, pro-life, evolutionist, non-spanking, co-sleeping, wanna-be chef.

Ferdymom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:15 AM
I went on wic for one reason only, I wanted my tax money back!! I'm tired of these people who don't need it using it, Now don't get me wrong, somepeople do need it, and I'm glad to help, but like many have said, they push and pay for formula when you don't need it. I BF my first no problem, at 18 I knew it was the right thing to do, and it was free. With my second(12 years later) it was a no brainer to BF, now with #3, same thing just with more tricks up my sleeve thanks to all you wonderful moms here.
epoh
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:24 AM

I generally don't like WIC or most of the recipients. The hassle of the food that we don't even eat (I prefer organic milk, no juice for us, rice cereal I won't feed my babies) isn't worth taking a morning off of work for me.

However, I *did* meet a very cool lady there one time. She was still nursing her 2 yo! I thought it was awesome to meet a mom who had no problem still nursing past the age of 3 days lol

lilchloesmommy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:32 AM
I'm on WIC myself and I have to say it is nice. Ecspecially this past year that my husband was laid off. I agree, my DH works hard and pays taxes so of course if there's help when were down we are going to take it.

The WIC office I go to is great about BF. They have a breastfeeding Wall of Fame. It has pictures of all the breastfeeding moms and their babes. It's so cute.

But people who complain about not getting enough from WIC drive me nuts! I have always been thankful that we get anything at all! When money was getting tight and we had to watch our spending, I knew we could still drink 2 gallons a milk a week or more. All those little grocery nessecities add up!

It drives me nuts when some has a baby due to irresponsibility and then expects someone else to pay for it then complains whenever they have to shell out! This girls housing is paid by the government, her utilities, and most of her food. Shouldn't that be enough?

Ok that's the end of my rant. DH's family drives me nuts! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)