Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

terrible ache (OT)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

i didn't see a good place to ask this, so here goes:

my baby is 16 weeks and 15 pounds.my back aches so terribly in the morning that i can barely move, the thought of carrying around my awake baby nearly brings me to tears.

after about an hour of being up and around it's pretty much gone, but still mildly achey.  I DREAD MORNINGS!

any thoughts?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
new_mom808
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I would recomend some pilates to build up your back muscles.
How do you sleep? If you're on your back it may help to put a pillow under  your knees. If  you sleep on your side try putting a pillow in between your knees.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM

See a Chiropractor just to elimnate any issues that could fix, I bought a pillow for between my legs and that helps with lower back pain, consider pillow toppers or memory foam toppers for your bed.

MelaneeO
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:06 PM

i will definitely try the pillow thing tonight- i went to the chiro last week and it was so painful!  i have felt worse since then, i'm going again tmw :o\

new_mom808
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM

My first few trips to a chiro made me achey too. But it was more muscle aches, because my muscles had to re-learn how to hold my spine in proper alignment. It gets better; it may take a couple of weeks.

mariposahermosa
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Yes definitely go see a Chiro.  And it is normal to be a little sore after an adjustment.  You my have some misalignment's that have been there for a while and as the move it will be sore.  Think of it like braces on your teeth.  When you have them tightened they are sore :)

Hope this helps... Good luck

MelaneeO
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM

thanks for the pep talk :)  i'll stick with the chiro and add the pillow for sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)