Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair falling out

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:57 PM
  • 21 Replies
Is anyone elses hair falling out? I know here lately I've been under a lot of stress and I know hormones are causing it too but it seems like every time I wash my hair or brush it big gobs come out. I feel like I'm going bald. Anybody else going thru this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Its common for moms to lose hair after baby is born...its hormonal more than anything

StarMommy06
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Oh wow, I am too but I never linked it with just having a baby. crazy.

lfguardcc
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM

yep, I am. It's crazy. And I hate that feeling during the day when you get a little tickle on your chest.. and it winds up being a strand of hair that fell out. I seem to be picking these off me all day lately.

mariposahermosa
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Yes its normal.  Mine is falling out too!

ZanesMommy2008
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I swear I think I lost half the hair on my head after my son was born. It was a lot and every time I brushed I'd get a lot more then I thought was normal. It will grow back!

YourMyTrouble
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Ugh yes, I am 7 months PP too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah513
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM

My hair is falling out too. I've clogged the shower drain a couple of times.

aefranc
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM

My daughter just turned 16-months-old and I'm still nursing her about four times a day and my hair is still falling out!  It totally grosses me out because I seriously find it all over the bathroom floor.  I feel like I spend a lot of time cleaning up the floor in there!  And I freak out if my daughters walk in there with bare feet while I'm brushing my hair because I'm afraid it will get stuck in their toes and get wrapped around them!  I'm nuts, I know!  LOL!  But, you aren't alone, obviously.  Hopefully, it will end soon!

VJennyLynnS
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:43 PM

My hair just stopped falling out and my daughter just turned 1 year.. it does stop falling out eventually i promise. lol. I was getting really scared because of just how much hair I was losing. I'm not bald now and havn't been so I dont think you will be either. its hair it grows back. lol.

VJennyLynnS
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM

that actually happened to me! The only difference was I was breastfeeding my DD and she somehow managed to get my hair wrapped around her little thumb. It was cutting of the circulation and everything and nothing I did would get it off.. we had to go to the ER and have them remove the hair from her finger. I really thought she was going to lose her thumb.. scared the heck outta me. luckily she still has all of her fingers and toes lol 

Quoting aefranc:

My daughter just turned 16-months-old and I'm still nursing her about four times a day and my hair is still falling out!  It totally grosses me out because I seriously find it all over the bathroom floor.  I feel like I spend a lot of time cleaning up the floor in there!  And I freak out if my daughters walk in there with bare feet while I'm brushing my hair because I'm afraid it will get stuck in their toes and get wrapped around them!  I'm nuts, I know!  LOL!  But, you aren't alone, obviously.  Hopefully, it will end soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)