Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

i have been breastfeeding my second dd since july 21, 2007 . so almost 3 years.Well two weeks ago i had so much supply i was leaking, this week nothing. She is not ready to wean , and has been a very unhappy little lady. She only nurses at naps and bedtime and sometimes in the am when we first get up. What can cause my supply to be gone so quick? can i get it back? please no bashing..

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
piwife
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM

mabe your preggo, or sick. have you been drinking lots of fluids and eating right?

kwaverysmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Your supply can drop drastically the week before or week of your period

faithandaddysma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM

i dont think i am prego, I am pose to have my period tuesday, and i have been spotting like i normally do. We have recently became vegtarians but i make sure to eat plenty of beans and other protein.

preacherskid
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:57 PM

It's probably your period.  Any hormone shift would do all sorts of crazy things to my supply; periods always made it drop so I got to where I could predict it by how DD acted at the breast lol.  Fussy and clingy: period soon :)  Pregnancy has done strange things to it too; first it was up, then down, now it's up again.

faithandaddysma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM

ok thanks lady, so i guess if it is my period causing it , then it should be back soon.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Leaking is not an indication of anything. Are you on birth control with estrogen? That is a known supply killer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)