Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teaching how?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
So i just found out my cousin is pregnant and she has unsuccessfully breastfed her first 2 for 2weeks each. She told me that she wants ms to come over and show her how to breastfeed when the baby gets here around the 1st of Febuary 2011. I have never attempted to help or helped anyone learn or adjust to breastfeeding. Any advise? She said the latch hurts not the after birth contractions. thanks mommas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM

ok well theres tons of latching videos kellymom has a link.  nipple to nose let baby open wide and then latch baby on with the wide mouth....

Get her the book SO thats what they're for by Jante tamaro.

YOu need to help in the hospital immediately after birth not days from them when latch has already damaged the nipple or shes used bottles so ruined latch.

new_mom808
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Are you still breastfeeding? You could let her watch you, and see how your baby latches. Watch her and maybe show her some tips, like when baby's mouth is alreayd open try to get it to latch. Or show her how to hold her breast in that all too helpful "C" hold. If you cant help, or figure it out dont be afraid to just help her find a LC that maybe has more experience.

Kaydence2010
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM
The womanly art of breastfeeding is one of the best books out there :) tell her also to contact the la leche league lactation consultants. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cconaway
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
I am still breastfeeding as my baby is only 4months old. However I do not have a timeline as to when I will wean (unless baby self-weans),,,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cconaway
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
I am still breastfeeding as my baby is only 4months old. However I do not have a timeline as to when I will wean (unless baby self-weans),,,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cconaway
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)