Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extra Calories?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

How long post-partum do I need to continue eating the extra calories? I want/need to lose at least 25 pounds and feel like I've hit a plateau with weight loss. I'm 10 weeks post partum and I try to walk everyday. I also chase my toddler around. 

I'm thinking that if I am eating healthy and not cutting back too much, I can go back to normal caloric intake and therefore burn more?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
new_mom808
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 PM
LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:21 PM

we are close to how postpartum we are, if you are trying to lose weight while breastfeeding, let me suggest this site that has helped me with my guide lines on weight loss while breast feeding calorie intake and things along those lines, the site is http://www.babyfit.com/ I love this site, its just for pregnant or nursing moms wanting help to lose the weight after baby or just a better more healthy pregnancy...

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:10 AM

To lose weight while breastfeeding, just eat your maintenance daily needs.

I know if I ate 1800 a day I'd balloon!

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (20m) 

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her tattoos, piercings and hair dye

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)