Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedtime?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
do you nurse your baby at bedtime even if they arent "demanding it"? Like say my son nursed at 8pm, getting put to bed at 10pm. He is not acting hungry, but eats every 2-4 hours anyways. would you go ahead and nurse him at bedtime, if he is awake?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MissiHampt
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I do.  He falls asleep at naptime without, usually.  But he fusses at bedtime unless he nurses to sleep.  Plus, I like to know that he's good and full so he just may sleep longer.

weaveress
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I nurse my 12 wk old at 930 every night before i put her to bed. ten or eleven hours is a long time for her to go without food. so even if she doesn't seem hungry i atleast attempt it and get something in her.

JMmama
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Sometimes. We eat at 6 (imcluding the baby) and the kids go to bed between 7 and 8. If he wants to nurse, we nurse. If he isn't fussy and just wants to rock we do that. When he nurses before bed sometimes he nurses to eat, sometimes it is just for comfort. Regardless of what he does at bedtime he wakes to eat between 10:30 and midnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:01 PM

i do

MommaSinks
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:44 PM
your 12 week old sleeps all night? lucky girl

Quoting weaveress:

I nurse my 12 wk old at 930 every night before i put her to bed. ten or eleven hours is a long time for her to go without food. so even if she doesn't seem hungry i atleast attempt it and get something in her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I would if we were coming up on a regular eating time anyway. Otherwise i would JUST lay down and he would wake up to eat.

riotgrrl
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM

No, I wouldn't nurse him at bedtime if he's not hungry. It would reinforce a habit of nursing to sleep that it might be hard to break later on.

momtomicahj
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I nurse my son before bed every night it is just part of our routine. I don't nurse him to sleep but just to relax him. I don't force him to eat but he normally wants to nurse for at least a few minutes.

SabrinaL
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:13 PM

My baby does not have a "bedtime" per se.  I usually lay down with him, nurse and watch tv in my room around 8 when I put my older two to sleep.  So I guess that could be considered his bedtime. He usually falls asleep nursing at this time. He is still up every 2 hours so I plan my bedtime around when he eats.  Like he is up at 10ish to eat so that is usually when i go to bed.  I don't want to try to go to sleep at 11 and then wake up after just an hour of sleep.  We cosleep so it isn't a big deal to me to have a set bedtime with baby.  We go with the flow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)