Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Probably nothing..but..

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

. I was just wondering if its normal to have days where your just lacking in the milk department? My daughter has been acting crazy hungry today.. and the last 8 hours that ive tried to feed her, i havnt let down ( i know this isnt always nessisary, but for me, every time i have had a full satisfying nursing session with my daughter, i have let down) and it seems by her frustration she is getting very little ...i even offered her formula!!! thats how bad it got, but she gagged.. rightlyfully so, its nasty.. but her diaper counts were even low today.. she has hardly slept at all as well.. its like she falls asleep and is then startled awake by hunger and cries.. Yesterday was just fine! Breastfeeding can be so stressful!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
eema.gray
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:53 PM

How old is she?  This sounds like textbook growth spurt behavior.  Put baby to breast and leave her there.  Fussing at the breast tells your body to produce more milk.

MissiHampt
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I would guess that your milk is fine, but maybe something is just bugging her today.  Mine has gone through days like that, and so far things have always picked right back up the next day.  An off day here and there won't hurt anything. 

Lbluv20
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:02 PM

She is 9 weeks today.. and her spurst have been right on every two weeks.. and similar to this.. but not quite so frustrating for her.. she has been acting soooo hungry and frustrated.. i can already tell tonight is going to be rough lol

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Sounds like your mlk supply is settling, normal between 8 and 10 weeks.  Its frustraing just like a growth spurt.

As long as 6 diapers in a day baby is fine even if that is lower than normal for her

Lbluv20
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM

what is setting ?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sounds like your mlk supply is settling, normal between 8 and 10 weeks.  Its frustraing just like a growth spurt.

As long as 6 diapers in a day baby is fine even if that is lower than normal for her

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)