Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

strange smell??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok so this is kind of weird, i wear breast pads because when DS nurses the opposite breast leaks, and now i am back working full time and everytime i sneeze they leak too (i know, totally odd lol) so i work in a kitchen at a boy scout camp, we have AC but with all the ovens, stoves, and fryers on throughout the day it gets HOT! (not to mention i live in FL) so i just noticed when i changed clothes that my breasts or maybe the pads? smell like bread yeast! is that totally weird??? so i changed the pads and it doesn't seem as strong now but i can smell it a little still. i haven't taken a shower yet so it may go away, but im just wondering if it has to do with sweating or something? or could it be my deodarent making it smell weird? help! lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:21 PM

NORMAL, I get it all the time..especially between my breasts, my bra smells tht way too normal and its why I carry baby wipes with me and clean often lol.

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM

thanks :)  i feel better now! lol i thought i was going nuts! my son is 5 months old and i've never smelled it before now! maybe the sweating caused the smell to be stronger or something? im just glad to know its ok lol.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

NORMAL, I get it all the time..especially between my breasts, my bra smells tht way too normal and its why I carry baby wipes with me and clean often lol.

momnstepmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM

sounds normal to me too, it could be that the heat from the kitchens are making you leak and you're not realizing it until later, when you smell the smell (this happens to me sometimes when I'm sleeping, right before the baby wakes me to eat). Just change your pads often, pump if you can/want to and keep your chest area clean.

LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I agree with the other ladies, its normal... the more i sweat the more I smell it (I have huge boobies) but carry diaper wipes and clean constantly too, My aunt said to put deodorant between and under your breasts to keep them from sweating, I never tried it so I couldn't tell you if it works or not...

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM

oh yeah i always pump at least once while im at work, like right in the middle of the day and then again when i get home, it is possible that im leaking and not realizing it! i always have a burp rag in my bag with my pump to wipe off anything that drips, but i usually change the pads at night before i go to bed, unless they are really full or something. i may end up taking 2 showers a day now lol.

Quoting momnstepmom:

sounds normal to me too, it could be that the heat from the kitchens are making you leak and you're not realizing it until later, when you smell the smell (this happens to me sometimes when I'm sleeping, right before the baby wakes me to eat). Just change your pads often, pump if you can/want to and keep your chest area clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)