Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I be drying up???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

I nursed first LO to 13 months. Around 7 or 8 months I stopped getting as much milk while pumping so I nursed her and other caregivers gave her formula. Now my youngest is soon to be 6 months. On my last two attempts at pumping I've gotten zero milk. Then today I went to nurse her and she fussed at the breast. I manually expressed a little milk onto the nipple. She'd latch on then come off, latch on, come off. I finally gave up and gave her a bottle which she inhaled. She's always been a good nurser and has taken a bottle when I've been a work. I have her on a slow flow nipple, she doesn't take a pacifier. I don't want to stop nursing. What gives??

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
stephNcary
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:26 AM

have you tried pumping while nursing? maybe without you pumping your starting to....keep trying and pump while you nurse, i always seem to get more that way also make sure you pump at work so you dont dry up. thats all i have though i hope someone else can help.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Never give a bottle because she refuses to nurse..never THAt will dry up milk.

You can't just magically dry up, if baby is nursing and you are pumping at work the milk is there

gdiamante
by Gina on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Nope., not drying up. Pump output changes...and there could be a problem with the pump. This is yet another age for growth spurt fussiness...her behavior was normal.

The ONLY indication of drying up is a lack of dipes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)