Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it normal?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM
  • 3 Replies

for a baby not to NIP as well as when im at home...even if i try nursing in a car she doesnt seem to eat as well. today seemed to be better than others but she usually just eats a little then wants to eat again 10 min later but only in public.

Taking each day as it comes and trying to make the best out of every situation. I love my family and hate to cook, Taco bell is my favorite although i try not to eat out all the time. Im a probreastfeeding, anti CIO, gotta work kind of mom.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lorsmommy08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Nope, it's normal. I think they just get distracted when they're out and about. My 3 year old would nurse whenever and not mind or pop on and off. But now Peyton gets distracted easily. Unless she's really hungry then she just goes to town, lol. 

stephNcary
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:46 AM

thats what i thought...im just using a shield so it makes NIP a little harder than not using it...i need to work on weaning her to just using the breast but i hate having her fuss at the breast and am afraid that shes going to want to stop nursing if i push it to much.

lorsmommy08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:17 AM

You might ask someone else for tips on weaning her from the shield. I don't have any experience with them. But, there are a lot of people here who are or who would know if you're interested in giving it a shot. It might wind up being tough, but as long as you don't give her any other option, eventually she will nurse. She won't starve herself ;).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)