Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biting almost every feed!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

My soon to be 6 month old as 2 teeth and is starting to nip me at the end of every feed, well almost every feed. She bit 3 times in my sleep last night. I always take her off imediately and say ouch. The first 3 days of this she seemed startled when I did it, but now it's like it's no big deal. I'm almost scared to nurse her anymore.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mjimaging
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Mine did this too but he outgrew it. It sucked for about a month, but now he might nip once a week. He thought it was funny though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camsmom415
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Bless your heart. I know my DS did this too when his teeth first came in. I would stop him from nursing and say no bite. Then stop for a bit and when he really wanted to nurse again I would let him. We did this about 2 times in a row and then he would be fine. He would do that with almost every tooth that came in and then once he was used to the new feeling he would be great. No biting or anything. You can do it. Just be strong and know that it won't last. Bless your heart until then tho, it can be really hard and painful. Good luck momma. :)

fjlovely
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM

well i know all to well how you feel, my son has been doing this since 4months old, he is approaching his first bday, he still does it just not as bad as he usest to, it really makes you mad when they laugh.good luck it will get better.

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

My little one is starting to do that as well. I just take her off because she seems to bite when she's done. Just keep doing what you're doing. Keep taking her off when she bites. As a side note, we have the same hippo as you do in your avatar!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)