Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nerves.... OT

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I am very happy with my life, no sign of depression BUT I have a very short fuse and find myself yelling at the kids very easily for not a reason really. Or more so they get on my nerves a lot easier ( gosh I hate saying this about my kids). Idk know if it's because I have a lot on my plate... 6yo, 2yo, 10wk old and a DH who is not home a lot ( military). I just been noticing what a Bi$@h I have been lately and I don't like it and my kids certainly don't deserve it. Like I said I'm not depressed so idk If there is some kind of med for being a b!t@h or what lol!!! Anyone know what I need to do about this??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tapshoes4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM
oh I feel you!!! You have sooooo much on your plate right now hun....it was stressdul for me when my military husband was gone and I only had one child at the time!! Just remember who tuff it is having an infant..even though it's not your first one, it's still tuff. Try and find some time to yourself and demand it!! A healthy mom makes for healthy kids :) from one mom to another I'm proud of you and give you so much credit!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metermaid
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Sleep as much as you can (easier said than done), exercise (ESTD), do things for yourself that relax you and refill your tank (ESTD), and remember that all the busyness in our day has no importance other than who we are being in the world as we do it. 

I just went through a few weeks of being really short fused with DS.  He is testing his boundaries, and I was getting frustrated.  I cut our activities down to a minimum (including my chores and errands), and focused all my energy on being a nice momma! 

Good luck!

trebelcleff
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Try a vitamin D supplement... along with helping my anxiety, I stopped being a B**** to my kiddos too.  That, and exercise, preferably a gym with a childcare program LOL!  Don't worry hun, you sound like you've got a ton to do, and not enough hours in the day to do it all!  I think you're allowed to have short fuse!  Good luck!

Wife2003
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM
Thanks I will try the vit D!!! Can u overdose?? Cuz I'm in the sun quite a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I don't think so... I'm in the sun a lot during the summer too, but I have a prescription strength dose to take once per week.  They make an over the counter daily one as well.  I've never heard of an overdose before!

star33
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM

i'm glad u asked. i needed the answer too.good luck to u.just remember to breathe.walking at night w/the kids makes me feel better.

Wife2003
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM
Thanks!! Same to you!!

Quoting star33:

i'm glad u asked. i needed the answer too.good luck to u.just remember to breathe.walking at night w/the kids makes me feel better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)