• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great now hes spoiled

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

ok a while back I posted about having to switch body washs and my son refused to nurse when I did... Well I took the advice and washed a towel in my body wash and gave it to him to nurse with, well he refused to let it go and one night while he was asleep I took it out of his hands to wash it because he chews on it and threw up his medicine all over it,.... I washed it in normal laundry soap without thinking and put it back in his bed, he woke up and started screaming, because it wasn't his, so I rewashed it and dried it for him and now he is refusing to let it ago again...

So I took the advice now he doesn't want his blanket he wants his towel and only this one towel will do or it doesn't work, I tried to wash a different one and he refused it. Its gotta be this white towel or he will not take it and will refuse to nurse without it... So now he is spoiled when it comes to nursing time

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM

hehehe he has a lovey already!!  That is so cute!  MY boys all have stuffed giraffes.  Try to buy another whiet towel like that one to be able to switch it out is my advice.  Hes not spoiled hes well loved. 

KandiceN
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM

My son was addicted to this knit blanket of my daughters. I just happened to use it one night, because the blanket I normally used was spit up on. It's a large like 4ft star shaped knit blanket so it has all the holes in it. Well soon as he realized he could have his fingers through the holds, and still grab my breast, he was hooked.

He's 20mo old now, and still hooked!

Lilypie - (Cibd)

MelaneeO
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

don't fret, you can't spoil babies :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Quoting KandiceN:

My son was addicted to this knit blanket of my daughters. I just happened to use it one night, because the blanket I normally used was spit up on. It's a large like 4ft star shaped knit blanket so it has all the holes in it. Well soon as he realized he could have his fingers through the holds, and still grab my breast, he was hooked.

OMG my son did the SAME thing with his fingers

KandiceN
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Oh that's so cute!! I've never seen another child suck his fingers upside down like that other than my son! haha

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting KandiceN:

OMG my son did the SAME thing with his fingers

Lilypie - (Cibd)

LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I just love how they get addicted to little things like that... That is a cute pic of your son with his blanket, my daughter did that put her fingers through the holes and still grab my breast... I thought it was funny....

KandiceN
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Thanks :)  Yeah I remember the first time he realized he could do that, he was like.. I dunno 2-3 months and I swear I could just see the excitement in his eyes.. cuddly blanket and still the flesh-to-flesh he loved so much! hehe

That's so funny yours likes a towel, what an odd thing to get attached too! hehe

LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I know thats what I thought, he is mad at me right now because its washing and he is stuck with a blanket.... My daughter got attached to the blanket my great aunt made her and she still drags it with her if she goes any where

Quoting KandiceN:

Thanks :)  Yeah I remember the first time he realized he could do that, he was like.. I dunno 2-3 months and I swear I could just see the excitement in his eyes.. cuddly blanket and still the flesh-to-flesh he loved so much! hehe

That's so funny yours likes a towel, what an odd thing to get attached too! hehe

Gruntlings
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Awww :) Definitely try to find an identical white towel and wash them together so they smell the same. :) My son's lovey is this huge pink blanket from Russia that was his grandparents blanket, then his dad's blanket, and that is now his blanket. When that thing falls apart, we're doomed. :p

star33
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

it only gets better.i'm saying that sarcastically. i think it's cute when they have a lovey.just don't lose it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)