• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing solids

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • 3 Replies
What is the best way to introduce solids. My little girl is almost five months, I will be waiting one more month but wondering the best way to introduce them and what to start with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RozyMama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:17 AM

This website has great info: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
ChrystalGreene
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:51 AM

This is my first baby so I'm not to experienced but what I do with my Ruth is put hot water in a small ceramic bow I have, sit my pumped breast milk in it to heat it up.  Dump out the water and add the milk (the water warmes the milk and the bowl to keep the food warmer longer) I added a hand full of baby oatmeal and mixed with baby spoon to a runny consistence (runnier than the caned baby food) put a bit on your arm to cheek the temp and have fun...... Most of it gos on there bib :)   I discovered she likes it warm and still dose not like the purees alone but I mix it in some times.  Good luck !

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Forget baby cereal, get some fresh avacado or sweet potato or banana, mush it up with a spoon add a bit of BM and offer it.  Think 1 new food every 3 days.  Watch for constipation, severe tongue thrust, rashes, tummy upest etc because these are signs that baby is not ready, 6 months is when they START to be ready but some are not ready til later.Always nurse directly before solids..this ensures baby fills up on BM and solids are extra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)