• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you baby wear help me out please

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

ok i have large breasts (like 34 f before i got pregnant), i am 5'8 and i am due in oct. i have a 19 month old that i never wore, but i want a sling mostly for breastfeeding. help me out this is my first time getting/using on. what sling is right for me? also please include if it is easy to use, how much it costs and where i need to get it from (i dont like shopping on line but i will if i have to)

thanks in advanced.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I don't have a sling, but I have a very large chest and I really like my moby wrap. It's easy to use once you figure it out and it only took me a couple minutes to figure out the first time.

armywife1229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I have a Maya Ring Sling (about $50) and its perfect. Its good for carrying and feeding. The tail is good for covering when feeding as well.

Gruntlings
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Any ring sling could possibly work. Look for something in a light breathable fabric with plastic rings (they slip less than metal rings). I love the "Wallababy" slings that are made of solar protective material, personally. Very lightweight and breathable, with the added benefit of solar protection. 

Just make sure you learn how to use it safely. And don't be discouraged if the first 20, 30 or 40 times you try to put it on, you feel awkward. It takes a LOT of practice sometimes. Look for a "babywearing" group locally. They can help you get up and running quickly. 

Look for youtube videos for the type of baby carrier you end up with. 

I was never able to figure out how to nurse an infant in my Moby, but maybe it's easier for larger-chested women. :) (I was "only" a DD or so when my son was an infant). 

Ring slings are generally the "one size fits all" recommendation, simply becuase they're simple and very adjustable. But as with all "one size" recommendations, some women will find other things to be more convenient or a better fit for their body type. 

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I have heard that slings and nursing do not go well with large chested women. I have smaller boobs (32 E) and I hate slings so I don't know how to help you there.

I can however reccomend the Beco Butterfly. It's a front and back carrier and it is SOOOOO comfortable. I bought one for my now 18 month old a few months ago. I haven't even used my stroller since and since I have really weak shoulders it was hard for me to wear my Moby or my Baby K'tan for extended periods. This Beco is AMAZING!

My friend is very large chested and she was the one who introduced me to the Beco and it is her favorite too and she has lots of wraps and slings.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I forgot to add. You can get the Beco online or in certain specialty stores for around $140.

I am a bargain QUEEN. I buy EVERYTHING cheap but I have to say that the Beco is one of my favorite things I've ever bought.

caribear77
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyEtte

i just got a wrap from her.  I was thinking the ring slings next.  There is a baby wearing group too on here.

armywife1229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I just bought a gauze wrap from her as well. I'm super excited about it!

Quoting caribear77:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyEtte

i just got a wrap from her.  I was thinking the ring slings next.  There is a baby wearing group too on here.

VintageWife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM
I use a sleepywrap. I am 5'7" and an F-cup.

www.sleepywrap.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)