Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Donor Milk in Wisconsin

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey! I started pumping 3 days after my DD was born and pumped for about 6 weeks. I have a HUGE stash in my freezer that is just going to go bad unless I find someone to donate it to.

I don't have any test results to show you- just can reassure you that I am clean and would not be breastfeeding my DD if I was not. I don't smoke, drink or have any diseases. I do drink caffiene (about a soda a day, well under the safe amounts). The milk is not labelled in amounts, just dates... But it is all 5+ oz per bag and there are a LOT of bags in my freezer.

If any of you know someone in WI looking for milk or if you need it PLEASE contact me. I would hate for all of this to go bad. My DD will not take a bottle, so it is wasted on us.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I haven't-- thank you for the links!

I did post this in the Sharemilk group and in our Appleton/Green Bay groups but I'll check out milkshare too.

ETA: I can't really afford the $20 donation that is required on MilkShare.

lionslambs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I am in milwaukee and am very interested.  where r u???

lionslambs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:14 PM

ps- u dont have to do the donation...they just ask 4 it...

AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I am in Appleton and could possibly meet you in Fon Du Lac.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM

The donation is for the moms that WANT the milk not for the donors!!!

AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Oooooh! okay. I'll definitely join there if the PP in milwaukee doesn't end up wanting it.

ETA: After looking through the pp's profile I am thinking I will join milkshare and see who I can help that really, really needs it.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The donation is for the moms that WANT the milk not for the donors!!!

lionslambs
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM

ur saying i dont need it??  my son is 10 months and i would like him to have breastmilk as long and as much as possible.

AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Your profile just brags about what a good boobie baby is and how much you love nursing him... If you can produce milk I would rather it go to a mom that cannot produce milk.

Quoting lionslambs:

ur saying i dont need it??  my son is 10 months and i would like him to have breastmilk as long and as much as possible.

srbtab1999
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Did you check with the hospitals like AMC or St E's? My Cousin was a big old cow and i swear my mom said she was getting $ for it some how. Or maybe they could use it for the NICU babies? Just a thought since it would stay local and help the babies in the NICU

Mommy to Sarina - 5 and a half , Trevor - 4yrs and Elijah - 8 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)