Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Good Experience

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

Seriously had one today... What's funny was I was so thinking the day would be the opposite because we had such a hard time in the cry room... I got a couple "looks" for nursing (with a cover, is one of the few places I use one), but oh well.. that wasn't the issue lol. My oldest was misbehaving pretty badly and my husband was directing the choir so I had no help with her.. and of course the youngest was eating so she kept getting away from me. I finally had it when someone asked if they could give her a snack (for one I don't allow it in Mass and on top of that she's on a dairy free diet per dr's orders and it was some cheesy thing), and I got a dirty look for saying no. I knew she was bothering people so I adjusted the baby (and still nursing lol) got up to grab her and head out into the fouyer (sp?).  Sat in there the rest of the time and things went a lot better even if I was a little stressed. 

Then we went to the luncheon after that and he got hungry again.... and someone came up and said she was glad to see me nursing and how she nursed all of her kids and just had a really good talk about it. All the benefits and stuff. Left me with a very good feeling... esp after how the day started out lol. Even better she said it in front of my FIL, who is all for BF too but isn't so sure about NIP because he's afraid someone will say something to me and hurt my feelings... (ok yeah I might get upset, but I can take care of myself). So him being there for a good experience was nice too.

smallest_mc Photobucket Photobucket26 month Pictures, Images and Photosattachment parenting Pictures, Images and Photoswater birth blinkie Pictures, Images and PhotosNatural Birth Blinkies Pictures, Images and Photoslove my midwife Pictures, Images and Photosrearfacing blinkie Pictures, Images and Photoshypnobirth Pictures, Images and Photos
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM
I never covered up in Mass, but I wear clothes to help conceal. I even went up to Communion while nursing once (he was asleep). Most of the time, I put him in the mei tai and that helped conceal everything. I never got comments of any kind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM
It is great to get a comment like that in front of someone who is skeptical of things. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKalila
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I have a sleepy wrap and I've heard they're great to nurse in but I can't seem to get the hang of it. My midwife said my breasts are too big lol. Not really giving up, but so far its a no go... I do the two shirts thing to stay modest normally, but Mass... its a me thing. With my first I was nervous about nursing there at all... so I'm making progress there lol.  My guess is if I wasn't covering they (in the cry room anyway) wouldn't have noticed either though...

Quoting aehanrahan:

I never covered up in Mass, but I wear clothes to help conceal. I even went up to Communion while nursing once (he was asleep). Most of the time, I put him in the mei tai and that helped conceal everything. I never got comments of any kind.

smallest_mc Photobucket Photobucket26 month Pictures, Images and Photosattachment parenting Pictures, Images and Photoswater birth blinkie Pictures, Images and PhotosNatural Birth Blinkies Pictures, Images and Photoslove my midwife Pictures, Images and Photosrearfacing blinkie Pictures, Images and Photoshypnobirth Pictures, Images and Photos
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I totally understand the ME thing.  I never had any issues nursing in the mei tai, but my breasts aren't that big. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)