• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MINI PILL?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have been on the mini pill for three weeks I started right before my cycle began. I had my cycle the 12 of June and just started spotting Friday now im having another cycle.  dOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE IRRIGULAR BLEEDING?

I JUST started having cycles in April had my daughter in January. I was told because I pump I would have periods again. Started the pill May. I have been sexually active this week does that effect anything?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lionslambs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM

not sure a bump 4 u

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I have had spotting since I started it, but its not bad.  Mostly in the first month or two I had it, and it was maybe one smudge of blood when I went to the bathroom.  It would go away after that.  And, mostly I spot now when I miss a pill or am late with a pill. 

No, pumping should be the same as nursing-you are producing milk for your child no matter how that milk gets into your baby.  Being sexually active means you can get pregnant, nothing more or less.  Why did you start the pill in May if your baby was born January.  I had my son in January and got on the mini pil six weeks later. 

Well, you will eventually have periods.  But that's not until your baby eats some solids on a fairly regular basis.  My first ebf baby I started periods when he was one, the second it was ten months later.  This one, I'm waiting to see.  If I were you, I'd buy some pregnancy tests-think bulk.  I bought a five pack and will do one every other month to see if I'm pregnant.  I got the ones that say pregnant and not pregnant, clearblue easy?  At any rate, good luck, op.  It is confusing. 

superexcitedmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM
With the minipill it can cause irregular bleeding... its a side effect... it can cause your periods to stop altogether or you to have very heavy bleeding or just random spotting.... its just random! it effects everyone different... & if you dont nurse ON DEMAND at the first "cry" then you can get your period back whenever... so i guess you pumping can effect that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)