Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh.. thrush..

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
It will not go away!!! DD no longer has it, but I still gave it. I am constantly using the nystatin and it seems to just be preventing it from getting worse but not making it any better. I have started with the half vinger half water solution after every feeding in hopes that it will help, and I've been taking probiotics the dr suggested. The only thing I haven't done is the gentian violet. Is it worth a try?? I have never used it before so I know nothing about it other then it stains everything (including the mouth) that comes in contact with. I've had the thrush for now 5 weeks. :-/

Any advice welcomed and needed!! Thanks in advance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM

STOP Nystation NOW, its making things worse, its FULL of sugar and yeast thrives on sugar!

Genetian violet is ALL I did and ours was gone FAST.  Make sure its 1% of less solution paint your nips and nurse baby...you can use lanolin on babies cheeks/nose to prevent staining and just wipe that off when the GV is no longer wet.

Avr-88
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Thank you!! That might explain it! :-/ how long do I use the GV, until it's gone, or longer??

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

STOP Nystation NOW, its making things worse, its FULL of sugar and yeast thrives on sugar!

Genetian violet is ALL I did and ours was gone FAST.  Make sure its 1% of less solution paint your nips and nurse baby...you can use lanolin on babies cheeks/nose to prevent staining and just wipe that off when the GV is no longer wet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Give the gentian violet a try definitely. If it's in the milk ducts you may need to treat with diflucan to rid yourself of it.

Daynaof3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM

check out how things are on day 4, if it's gone you can stop and if not continue for 7 days. Info here for you: http://breastfeeding.hypermart.net/thrush.html

Quoting Avr-88:

Thank you!! That might explain it! :-/ how long do I use the GV, until it's gone, or longer??

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Avr-88
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Thank you!!!!

Quoting Daynaof3:

check out how things are on day 4, if it's gone you can stop and if not continue for 7 days. Info here for you: http://breastfeeding.hypermart.net/thrush.html

Quoting Avr-88:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)