Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White Chunky Stuff?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I just noticed that my Newborn has some white chunkies that is in his spit up/saliva. I seem to remember this with my first but that was 3 years ago. Both were/ are EBF.

Any idea what it it? I am pressuming it is milk, but why is it chunky? Does this indicate anything or is it completely harmless?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:52 PM

bump?

NavyBaby1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I have the same thing with my daughter.  She is my first, but I have asked so many people about it and they all say it is normal.  As soon as the milk gets to the stomach it begins to curdle which is why it is chunky.  From everyone I talked to it is perfectly ok and normal.  Good luck!

lilchloesmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM
This! No worries.

Quoting NavyBaby1:

I have the same thing with my daughter.  She is my first, but I have asked so many people about it and they all say it is normal.  As soon as the milk gets to the stomach it begins to curdle which is why it is chunky.  From everyone I talked to it is perfectly ok and normal.  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jena003
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Normal, mine have had it too, I think* its like curdled milk thats why its chunky. Breast milk with stomach acids combined. 

catholicmamamia
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Normal part of the digestion process.. no worries! 

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo     coexist.png coexist image by snowskichik            b209531870.jpg Pro Life image by bailey_has_adoptapox 

ethans_momma06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Haha EEEWWWWW!! K thats what I figured it was! Still the though of curdled milk is NO FUN!! Thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)